Do you ever go back a reread your blog posts?

Since I am getting back into blogging (we'll see how long this lasts lol) I decided to go back to the beginning of this blog and look around. I feel like I'm reading though an old journal. My first post was a little over 2 years ago, not that long ago considering our life span, but at the same time seems like it was ages ago! I came across a belly post I had made while pregnant with Mr. W... a quote I completely forgot about... A simple post from when Mr. W was just a wee one (he still is but thinks he's much bigger hehe)... or even Mr. W's first time to a splash pad. Yes I have these memories and I have the photos, but reading the posts just brings back so much more. Having a toddler, being a wife, getting pregnancy brain for the second time and starting a business really keeps you busy.

Mr. W is growing up and I feel like I am just missing so much especially since I have been on bed rest this pregnancy and not been able to do as much as I'd like to with him. Not only has Mr. W been growing up before my eyes, but I have made a lot of changes with myself. I have a different outlook on life then what I did 2 years ago. Shoot even a year ago. I've started my own photography business (which is a never ending process) and most importantly I've become a mommy. Jay and I have all the same problems most couples are facing these days, but it truly only makes us stronger. Yes I know that sounds like a cliche, but it is the honest to Gods truth. We are just falling in love more and more each day... the honeymoon is not over and I don't see it ending any time soon :) We have another little monkey due any time now. We are building our family and it just feels so good.

In this day and age, we all really are too busy and forget to deposit these t
hing into our memory banks, and while I really need to take the time to do this, it is nice to be able to come back to my blog and say "Yeah I remember that day/moment".

Christmas 2008!! I feel like we look so different now!!
(Courtesy of Erica Williams Photography)



One response to “Do you ever go back a reread your blog posts?”

Unknown said...

I laughed when I read the title because I totally just re-read my blog posts the other day! LOL.