2008: A very busy beginning...



Much has happened since January 2008. I moved to Arizona with the plan to work, work, work and then to join the military. Soon after I arrived here, I met Jay and by March 2008 we found out that we would be expecting a little one. I, at first was mostly upset with myself at what had happened. How could we both be so naive as to let this occur? I for one had a goal and I was very determined to accomplish it, and Jay was in the process of getting a loan to start helicopter flight school. It turned out to be Jay to take the calm role in all of this mayhem.

He told me that everything would be okay, not to worry, and that he was going to be moving me in with him.I had some suspicion, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. It was a rough beginning, but it is turning out to be a great life.

God love him, he has put up with so much. He works 6 days a week, normally 8-9 hour days, and then comes home to put up with me. I had been sick until about 3 weeks ago, and was I not only having trouble eating and drinking, losing what seems to me a lot of weight (15 lbs) and not really gaining any back. I was just so frustrated with feeling ill constantly and having to take the medication Phenergan every 6 hours. It's hard for me to even take a Tylenol and this was a class C drug which means either studies in animals have revealed adverse effects on the fetus and
there are no controlled studies in women, or studies in women and animals are not available. It caused me to be extremely sleepy, but also put me in a bad mood.

These days I am feeling much much better only having the "normal" pregnancy symptoms. Even though I am still not working, and at this point am probably not going to work until after the baby is born, I have been feeling productive, which I have been lacking. I mostly clean the house, walk the dog, researching various things online, sounds very minuscule, but I'm happy doing it and it keeps me busy. I am also going to be going to school full time in the fall, all online classes, but it will keep be occupied and continue my education to becoming an RN (I have gone back and forth many times with what career I want, but I just keep coming back to becoming a Registered Nurse).

As the days go on, we continue to learn about each other and grow towards the family we will soon be in November.





One response to “2008: A very busy beginning...”

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful!!!!