It's here!


It's finally here! And I'm so excited...

I purchased/Jay got me a gift a Nikon D90 that came with the 18-105mm kit lens (which is a pretty decent lens if I might add). I also went ahead an purchased a 70-300mm lens, UV filters for both, a Nikon SB-600 AF speedlight flash, and a ML-L3 IR remote.

I have been watching youtube tutorials for about a week now, and I made sure I read the manual front to back before I even turned the camera on. I am happy to announce that it is ummm... TOTALLY FREAKING AWESOME! LOL. Here is one of the first photos taken....

One of the first ones from my new camera!!! by you.
My wonderful & patient model Mr. William

The amount of post processing that needed to be done compared to the camera I have been using are worlds apart. Just a little "boost" and we are good to go. Now don't get me wrong, the Olympus has been a great starter camera and was simple to learn on, but wow.

I shoot fully manual and in Raw, so I am giving myself two weeks to learn the ins and outs of this new wonderful toy, and then I am going to start booking practice sessions!!! Now I have a good while before I can start charging, but let me tell ya, the only way to get to that point is with practice, practice, practice. So for about 6 months to a year it will be completely FREE portraits for local families (willing to travel for the right person *wink, wink*). These shoots will be no where near what a professional shoot would be like. There will be delays, questions, etc. The only charge anyone will see for the time being, is the cost of prints + tax.

I'm so excited and can not wait to share more!!!

No response to “It's here!”