Fathers Day Gift

With Fathers Day is this Sunday, and the tight budget we are on lately, I seem to be getting in touch with my creative side more often. William and I were able to have a little fun and get our hands dirty today with some Trader Joe's paper bags and paint we had lying around. I took two bags, cut the bottom out, took the handles off, and cut down one side to get one long piece of paper.

Williams foot prints

My first attempts were made by dipping Williams feet in the paint and then placing them on the paper, but the moment they made contact with the paper, his little foot would just slide. I was later told a much simpler way on how to get a foot/hand print onto paper, we'll try that next time. :)

"Hand made" Foot prints

After trying several times to get it right, and attempting to keep an eight month old out of a bucket of paint, I opted to make foot prints the way I knew best. You take your hand, make a fist, and with your thumb facing up (like giving a thumbs up) place your hand in paint. After making the print on your paper, take your index finger (or whichever you like) and make five little toes.

I can't wait for Jay to open his gift only to find two cream of mushroom soups!! No, that's not what he got for Fathers Day, but I wanted to throw him off.... hehe :) Oh and I bet you thought I would tell you what he got... not a fat chance!